Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Great Pumpkin Bake-Off

Stacie's mom's chocolate chip pumpkin cookie recipe has been accepted for the annual Delaware Punkin Chunkin Bake-Off! I'm entering that, Mary's entering pumpkin bars, and we're working on cupcakes together. We get judged next Saturday, which means we have to be down in the middle of nowhere, DE, by 11 am on a Saturday, with enough pumpkin treats to feed a crowd. Sweet. I'm tempted to wear a themed outfit but will try to restrain myself.

I should add that the Bake-Off is a lesser-known aspect of the one, the only, the annual World Championship Punkin Chunkin: http://www.punkinchunkin.com/

Folks come from all over to watch pumpkins get "chunked" as far and as effectively as possible. More on that when I actually see it.

This month and next feature trips to NYC (yesterday, for a client product event), Huntington, PA (tomorrow), New Orleans (next Sunday, for a few days), Cali (aaah Thanksgiving), and then we stay put until Christmas, when we go to Maine.

Fairfax will be dressing up as a skeleton for Halloween. His best gal pal Peyton is going as a princess. Stay tuned for photos...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there,
I just thought of you out of the blue because I'm writing a paper on extraverted and curious people which naturally brought up my time in Palo Alto and old friends, and since I'm procrastinating right now (arrgh!) I googled you and found you right around the corner in Delaware, yay!
I see your busy travel schedule is booked for the rest of the year, but if you ever make it up to Baltimore (they have a very cool aquarium) please drop me a line so we can hang out.

Corinna

PS: I'm not going to post my email for all those nasty spamcrawlers but you can find it here:
http://www.grc.nia.nih.gov/branches/lpc/clockenhoff.htm
PPS: Greetings to your superman!