


Winter is here. The snow isn't sticking much, but we've had some, and my office window is icy. Morning swimming is tough when it's freezing with wind chill, but that's what down coats are for! We ran on snowy trails up at White Clay Creek State Park on Saturday and drove up to Lancaster County on Sunday, where we saw many Amish buggies making their way around--a picturesque tableau against the snowy hills of farm country.
Longwood Gardens is readying itself for spring, with tulips and narcissus already blooming inside the conservatory. Our house is ready for spring visitors, with a newly painted upstairs. Poppy will share "her room" with those who make their way to see us!
I thoroughly enjoyed my class, and turned in what I hope is a stellar nine-page paper. I got an A on the first test and am hoping for similar results on my final! I think I'm a more nervous test-taker than I was before I became a teacher. I know too much, now. Like, the person who writes the exam knows the material backwards and forwards, and you have to erase your Scan-Tron sheet really carefully. I am happy to confirm that I can still write a strong academic paper, but it requires solid research, a lot of thought, and a great deal of drafting. One of the undergraduates in my class was boasting to his friend that he'd just knock off the final paper the night before it was due, and I thought to myself, "Honey, that's why I'm getting an A, and you're NOT."
This spring's class has no tests or papers, as I'm only taking it for one credit, so it should be more laid-back than my daily winter term class with several assignments to complete in a five-week period, while also being busier with work than I have been since I started the business. It was a good problem to have, but I'm happy to be at a more manageable pace now!
There's a cupcakery opening on Main Street soon. I'm delighted! Other than that, check out The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova and Leap Days by Katherine Lanpher for excellent reading, and The Soundtrack of Our Lives, Sun Kil Moon, and Silversun Pickups for excellent music.
Happy February!
3 comments:
Your rooms look great dsg
Luuuuuuv your color choices! I can't believe how good the guest room looks. Guess I'll have to come back for another visit.
Thanks for the update.
xo
Wow looks so awesome Katie. Hope I can come visit sometime. Thanks for the awesome blog.
Melissa
Post a Comment