Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Spring is Springing!

Daffodils, crocus, and magnolia blossoms are emerging all over Delaware. It was 85 yesterday and is in the 70's today. I love it! I got the best summer shoes ever yesterday; Crocs, my favorite company, now makes flats! Everyone should have a pair in every color; they are vastly superior to my Target ballet flats in structure, comfort, and probably scent (you know what I mean). You, too, can have some: http://www.crocs.com.

Skirt shopping has not been as effective; I am truly my grandmother's granddaughter: I can find ten million pairs of shoes I love, and exactly two brands of jeans (at least they're not designer) and two brands of skirts (Gap and J.Jill) fit me correctly. Maybe if I keep swimming, this will change. I am up to a 3:20 200 on short course! Which makes me chuckle, because as Matt showed me today's swimming story in the New York Times today about Michael Phelps breaking a freestyle record, with a picture of Phelps swimming BUTTERFLY, I realized I have become a real swimmer.

I'll be working on being a real ice skater tomorrow, as I ditch the sunshine for the icy temperatures of The Pond for an hour and a half. I only have a week to finish breaking in my beautiful new skates before synchro team practice starts up again!

In other fitness news, though yesterday's run was gorgeous, what with the birds chirping, the sun shining down (not too hot, either), and no students to clutter up the sidewalks (spring break), I can feel my body rebelling against running. My left knee, in particular, did not want to go on the run. Yoga, on the other hand, realigns everything and really does seem to be as good as a massage. Plus, I can take free daily classes on yogatoday.com!

Poppy is pleased that it's spring. She spends about ten hours a day staring at the birds from either the guestroom window or the dining room window. At night, we have to close our bedroom window, or she'll crawl behind the blinds to watch the critters and make a big racket when she decides it's time for a nap.

We'll be attending the members' reception/Orchid Show preview at Longwood Gardens Friday night and perhaps planting our vegetable garden. Last night was dinner al fresco at the Deer Park Tavern.

Happy Spring!

No comments: