According to my stat counter, a lot of people doing searches on the internet enter a question or topic and make their way to my blog, due to the bizarre combination of topics I address on a regular basis. Many, bless them, stay to read my ramblings. I feel that it's only fair to answer their questions here. Should they still choose to read my blog, great--but let's face it, we're all strapped for time.
Topic #1--by far the most popular: Who sings "It's My Party and I'll Cry if I Want To?" (Most find themselves reading my blog entry that is a play on the words in that title--I substitute "birthday" for "party" and share my tale of woe about being stuck in Midway Airport on my birthday in February '07; they make the substitution by accident and get to my blog, not the song.) The singer of the song is, in fact, Lesley Gore.
Topic #2--What to do when your cat throws up. This one's easy: Grab a bunch of paper towels and clean up thoroughly. Spray some disinfectant and use more paper towels to wipe that up. Move on. Steam-cleaning works wonders on carpets and upholstery; I recommend Ernie's Carpet Cleaning to those in the SF Bay Area.
Topic #3--How I Spent My Summer Vacation. This topic is usually entered by users with IP addresses based in India, and is always phrased or spelled incorrectly. I have to assume the searchers are English language learners searching for a sample essay on the topic. My piece of the same title would NOT be the one to read. Let's just hope nobody tries to plagiarize it, because not only will I give them twenty lashes with a wet noodle; I seriously doubt anyone in India has done all the things I described in that blog!
Topic #4--What are the ingredients in Duke's Canoe Club's Hula Pie, Mai Tais, and crab wontons? Sorry folks, can't help you with exact recipes, but can tell you what I think is in each:
Hula Pie is Oreo crust, macadamia nut ice cream, and chocolate fudge topping; the Mai Tais have a nice dark rum plus Mai Tai mix; and the crab wontons are a delicious blend of crab, spices, and probably mayonnaise, in fried wonton skin. Mmmm!
Happy Fourth of July, all! Let's hear it for independence and the world wide web!
Wednesday, July 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hysterical. I wonder why my site counter doesn't track this stuff? Absolute priceless pieces of info here.
Post a Comment